Edelbrock pumper carb

4 replies to this topic
  • Fastdirt

Posted December 12, 2001 - 05:51 PM

Seriously considering new carb purchase,wondering if anyone has had any more experince with the Edelbrock pumper carb? Cost?

• DrDirt

Posted December 12, 2001 - 07:02 PM

Originally posted by Fastdirt:
Seriously considering new carb purchase,wondering if anyone has had any more experince with the Edelbrock pumper carb? Cost?

I found a pretty good review on the pumper carb by Brian at www.xr650r.net. It shows some picures and gives a post ride review. Sounds pretty good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gtms34

Posted December 13, 2001 - 06:31 AM

Fastdirt,
I've had the Ebrock on for 2 months. I'm still trying different settings every ride to get the best performance. The Ebrock works much better than stock. IMO it's worth the $400. It eliminates all the problems caused by the stock carb (stalling, flooding, leaking, flat spot, etc.). The new throttle setup that comes with it has longer cables. These are great if you have tall or forward bar mounts.
P.S. The word is that the carbs are back ordered till mid Jan. It will be worth the wait.

Kevin

• qadsan

Posted December 13, 2001 - 06:42 AM

Originally posted by Fastdirt:

Also take a look at the posts from "GTMS34" as he also has experience with this carb. Use the search function here and on Yahoo's XR650R group to look for the word "Edelbrock" and you'll find some interesting reading.

If you're seriously interested in this carb, send me a private message and I'll get you a special price. Just a few weeks back, I put together a group purchase of over 20 Edelbrock Pumpers for XR650R owners. While I won't be able to get you the special group pricing that 20+ carbs bought, I can still get you a really good deal. You can either use the "Send Private Message" feature here or send an email to barnums_pro@yahoo.com and put "Susan's XR650R Edelbrock Deal" in the title and she'll send you more information through the Barnums email address as she's helping them out right now.

[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: qadsan ]

• 2002_XR650L

Posted December 13, 2001 - 03:31 PM

Try sudco.com, they sell mikuni pumpers, and kehin, pumper carbs. A 41mm kehin is 475.00 as a kit, (cables etc.). They didn't recommend the edelbrock carb, but that could be just company bashing. I have an XRL and I'm gonna get the 41mm pumper kehin.

Ray

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.