COOLKIT, does it work?

4 replies to this topic
  • yz400ed

Posted September 15, 2004 - 11:18 AM

I just saw this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/...2489903458&rd=1

Does anybody have this on their bike, does it help in keeping the bike cool and preventing boil over? Any feedback good or bad?

Thanks

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted September 15, 2004 - 11:29 AM

It only adds a small fraction of surface area the radiators themselves provide. It does help dissipate heat, but only a small fraction more.

Engine ice is the same price and will do much more for you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fly-nBri

Posted September 15, 2004 - 12:31 PM

Love dat Engine Ice! :thumbsup:

• yz400ed

Posted September 15, 2004 - 06:01 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has actually tried it, I know that given the amount of additional surface area it provides intuatively it shouldn't be a big difference, but I've seen stranger things happen in the world of heat transfer. I think the radiator hose insulator definitely helps, where can I get some of that.

I wasn't aware that Engine Ice is that expensive, is it better than Water Wetter?

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted September 16, 2004 - 02:40 AM

I havent tried water wetter so I cant compare. You're right though, engine ice is more like half the cost.

Another problem with the tube is it's location. There isnt a whole lot of air flow sitting behind the radiator, and the air that is there is really hot. Especially on that side where the header is. The coolant will only try to approach the surrounding air's temp.

Putting it out in front would help, but in the end it doesnt have enough surface area to make any real difference.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.