DIY Baja Lights?

21 replies to this topic
  • loufish

Posted October 11, 2004 - 04:43 PM

NiteRider has an HID model that's 10 or 15 watts

A friend has a helmet mounted HID, and it kicks butt! It also will take a huge bite out of your wallet...his was $500 :cry:
Light anyway you look, and about a 4 hour burn time between charges. Great idea...ouch.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JohnnyAirtime

Posted October 11, 2004 - 07:19 PM

Think I can do for less than $100?

Cool.. you pull that off and you could MAKE some money!!! :cry:

However.. as long as it doesn't look like Lamont built it (Sanford and Son). :cry:

We'll see. So far I have $10 in it and that got me a rewound stator and H3 bulb.

I've been looking around for 6-8" offroad lights and there isnt a huge selection, but some are pretty cheap. I saw BD's pin-mount light frames, but does anyone know what the brackets look like?

And no, it wont look like Lamont built it. :cry:

I just bought a pair of 8" Bosch 100W lights (Euro style beam) for $67.00 from Race Ready in Chula Vista (if anyone else knows the area). You could use that light (for only $35 it's a great light) for your housing.

And BajaD's light setup is trick. I use it too. The twin pin mount is superb! I even use it for my stock light housing. To go from twin 8" lights... to the stock light takes me no more than about 5minutes... and that's if I drop a pin on the ground. :cry:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.