Rear Brake Rotor XR650R

1 reply to this topic
  • BugTeeth

Posted September 14, 2004 - 04:47 PM

I just had a shop put some new pads on my rear brake. After I ride the bike and never touch the rear brake the rotor is warm to hot. This means it is dragging a little. Should I be worried about premature wear or forget about it. I had this same thing on a BMW and the mechanic said it is normal for the pad to be barely touching the rotor. I`m not so sure. Also, he didn´t resurface the rotor. I´m wondering if I could do this while the rotor is on the bike or remove it and do it properly or just let the pads seat in the old grooves. I´ve seen machines that resurface rotors on front wheel drive cars while still attached to the hub.

2000 XR650R FMF Full titanium system, K&N

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted September 14, 2004 - 04:57 PM

The rotor isn't thick enough to resuface. If you ride in sand, or mud alot you could be to thin on a rotor in just two sets of pads. For new rotors a good place is:
http://www.rockymoun...tors - Honda~~~ :thumbsup:

Related Content

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.