ZipTy lowering Link

4 replies to this topic
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted September 14, 2004 - 09:01 AM

Us short legged guys are still wondering if any one has heard anything about Zipty Racings lowering link... ANYONE???????

• yamaharichey

Posted September 14, 2004 - 09:36 AM

I called Mitch at Zip Ty, he said there is nothing yet and he thinks they are having the same problem that Kouba Link did and he's not sure if they will be able to do it. The problem is how close the link is the the tunnel of the swing arm when they try to lengthen the link it hits the swing arm. I've tried to figure out something myself like raising the top shock mount, anyone got any ideas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • R_Little

Posted September 14, 2004 - 10:56 AM

MX-tech can lower your suspension by 30mm or so.
Works great if you ride in real tight stuff, not so great if you like 70ft jumps. I bought an extra set of suspension off ebay and had it lowered. My trail confirdence went way up in the eastern woods and mud.

• CAVSCOUT96

Posted October 19, 2004 - 05:06 PM

is lowering the suspension a permanent operation, or can you take it back to stock?

• PowerFiend

Posted November 02, 2004 - 01:45 PM

is lowering the suspension a permanent operation, or can you take it back to stock?

Lowering the suspension just consists of internal spacers, so yes it can be undone. You would have to pull the shock/fork back apart to remove them though. :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.