ATK 490

9 replies to this topic
  • adamwagar

Posted November 24, 2001 - 08:50 AM

Extreme Powersports in Gaylord Michigan has a brand-new 1999 ATK 490 on the showroom floor. This bike has it all,electric start,Paioli forks,Talon hubs,ProTaper bars,electric start,street legal,and I think an Ohlins shock. It's priced way under cost at $3899. A whole lotta bike for less than a DR250. Oh ya, these guys will take a trade in.

Give Steve or Dutch a call. (989)732-4331 Tell them Adam told you about it.

• Steve_Claus

Posted November 24, 2001 - 09:10 AM

Originally posted by adamwagar:
Extreme Powersports in Gaylord Michigan has a brand-new 1999 ATK 490 on the showroom floor. This bike has it all,electric start,Paioli forks,Talon hubs,ProTaper bars,electric start,street legal,and I think an Ohlins shock. It's priced way under cost at $3899. A whole lotta bike for less than a DR250. Oh ya, these guys will take a trade in.

Give Steve or Dutch a call. (989)732-4331 Tell them Adam told you about it.

Hey Adam,

Was someone looking for an ATK in this forum or are you working on commission for the shop? :)

If you were selling your ATK, the "Exotics" forum we've recently added actually includes ATK, so you would have better luck selling it over there.

If it's not your bike (and Extreme Powersports is just using you for some free advertising) then this is probably not appropriate.

If Extreme Powersports is interested in reaching ThumperTalk members through advertising, have them contact Bryan at:

advertising@thumpertalk.com

Thanks for your understanding,

--Steve

• adamwagar

Posted November 24, 2001 - 09:51 AM

Steve, I posted the ATK just as a heads up for anyone looking for an inexpensive dual-sport. I don't work for Extreme or receive commission. The only thing I was looking to do was help someone get a deal on a bike. Nobody looks in the Exotic forum, so I picked the XR forum. I think a person looking to buy a used XR would consider an ATK, especially a brand new one for the price of a used XR. I apologize for the post,it won't happen again.
Adam
WR250F

• Steve_Claus

Posted November 24, 2001 - 10:51 PM

Originally posted by adamwagar:
Steve, I posted the ATK just as a heads up for anyone looking for an inexpensive dual-sport. I don't work for Extreme or receive commission. The only thing I was looking to do was help someone get a deal on a bike. Nobody looks in the Exotic forum, so I picked the XR forum. I think a person looking to buy a used XR would consider an ATK, especially a brand new one for the price of a used XR. I apologize for the post,it won't happen again.
Adam
WR250F

Adam,

Sorry for the lack of smiles ( :D :D :D ) in my last post...The commission line was a joke, but I can see how you wouldn't know that (my fault). I don't mind you posting a good deal for the members; I'm just out to get rid of spammers (of which I know you're not).

Thanks for being a loyal TT'er, and for the clarification on you post. :)

--Steve

• adamwagar

Posted November 24, 2001 - 03:37 PM

Steve, thanks for the follow up. ThumperTalk is a great site. It's good to know there's people like you keeping it that way.
Adam :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dutch

Posted November 24, 2001 - 04:03 PM

What Adam did not mention is that along with this bike we are including the ATK franchise.

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted November 24, 2001 - 07:17 PM

Just one question, who would trade their XR for an ATK???

• adamwagar

Posted November 27, 2001 - 08:14 AM

r4sbergXR600
The same guy who would buy a Cannondale. If Cannondale was/were thinking,they're not,they would have contracted the motor out to Rotax. :)

• XyzGuy

Posted November 28, 2001 - 07:35 PM

I once saw a guy on a ATK fly over the handle bars and break himself up reeeeeel good 'cause that fine urapeein motor decided to lock up tapped out at 65 M.P.H.. Love my XR, yes I do !

• adamwagar

Posted November 29, 2001 - 12:00 PM

Xyzguy, at least the ATK "was" running. :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.