Breakfast Question

I ate some Spam before my last race then I felt sick. Is this normal?

Seriously any one have a pre-race ritual they follow, and if so does it work.

Currently I started hydrating days before an event and carbo load (pasta) night before. Juice and power bar in morning, Red bull 20 minutes before start. Riding with 70 OZ of sports drink mixed with water. I have found this works and keeps me from fading at the end of Hare Scrambles.

I also got one of those gyroscopic dyna balls, that works the hand and forearms.

It seems to help as well.

Pie Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dyna balls...are those like ben-wa balls? I'd stay away from those things...wrong gender!

The carb loading the day before may be too late. Definitely don't eat any slow digesting stuff the day of the races. I use to do that. I also went through the heavy fruit thing the day of the races. That is wrong as well. Brian Swink use to do that. His "Dietician" told him that was all wrong.

Maybe this is why I never made Pro...???

Hydrating is a no brainer but don't forget a percentage of protein for the long haul once the carbs are all burned. I use hard boiled eggs or an energy bar specifically containing extra protein. You don't want a quarter-pounder with cheese or anything like that. I have read where endurance cyclists carry water, jerky and a few jars of peanut butter. Everybodies metabolism is different, just experiment. I can't carbo load at all. I'm a hyper skinny guy and the carbs don't cut it. Lots and lots of protein for me and some carbs for the quick bursts.

[This message has been edited by c2 (edited 06-26-2001).]

Originally posted by c2:

Hydrating is a no brainer but don't forget a percentage of protein for the long haul once the carbs are all burned. I use hard boiled eggs or an energy bar specifically containing extra protein. You don't want a quarter-pounder with cheese or anything like that. I have read where endurance cyclists carry water, jerky and a few jars of peanut butter. Everybodies metabolism is different, just experiment. I can't carbo load at all. I'm a hyper skinny guy and the carbs don't cut it. Lots and lots of protein for me and some carbs for the quick bursts. Oh yeah, stay away from food with lots of processed sugar and flour. Those two are bad news for sustained energy levels.

[This message has been edited by c2 (edited 06-26-2001).]