wide ratio gearbox

3 replies to this topic
  • wantmorepower

Posted September 13, 2004 - 07:29 PM

what is the wide ratio gearing like on the wr450? whats the top speed of them,and would it be better to have a close ratio gearbox instead?

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 13, 2004 - 08:11 PM

wide ratio is better for trail riding and a wide range of speeds. You can crawl at 6 mph or go 90 mph with the WR 5 speed gearbox. It is fantastic! I love the first gear for technical nasty terrain and 5th is great for cruising down the fire roads. :thumbsup: Did I mention that I love my WR450! :devil: :awww: :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wantmorepower

Posted September 13, 2004 - 08:46 PM

hey thanks alot.how fast have you wound it out to?would a slightly larger main sprocket help to get it up to about 100,or is it not worth it? is your wr450 green stickered(or could it in california?)

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 13, 2004 - 10:14 PM

Yes I have topped it out several times. You need a 15 tooth front sprocket to get to 100mph or 16 tooth to get to 110 mph. I think the 16 tooth is the biggest that will fit. :thumbsup: The 05's are green sticker in California. The 03's and 04's are not unless you imported them from Canada. :devil:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.