yz250 vs wr250/wr450

1 reply to this topic
  • husk

Posted September 13, 2004 - 03:09 PM

Hi,
I'm going to buy a new bike, but I have a few questions for the experts on this forum.

I'm 6'2" weigh 250 lbs, and I've been riding a friends '03 yz250f on trails and rock quarries for about a year.

The yz250f seems very powerful, but I'm wondering what the difference between the wr250f is, or even the wr450f.

I definitely know I don't have the experience to control a yz450, but I've been told that a wr450's power is more controllable due to it's tuning.

I've also been told that due to my size, a 250f is too small. However, I don't really see that logic... the yz250f is such a damn powerful bike.

Can anyone explain the differences a little better, or give me their suggestions?

Cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • washinout

Posted September 13, 2004 - 03:22 PM

For mountains the yz250 are fun nimble bikes. For open spaces they lack a little poop and the WR450 will out do them... unless there are constant whoops. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.