ThumperTalk Question

62 replies to this topic
  • Desertbob

Posted July 13, 2001 - 12:08 PM

Take a look at The Turbo Diesel Registry is an excellent organization that help all of us Dodge Cummins users. I get invaluable information from their site just like I get from this one. Where would I be without all of the jetting, suspension, "grey wire", and other tips I get from this excellent group of enthusiast. I would join a ThumperTalk organization in a heartbeat.

Proud Member of Racers Under the Son ( District 37 Desert

98.5 Dodge 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
00 Yamaha WR400
99 Yamaha PW80
99 Terry Fifth Wheel
Oh Yeah...Everything is paid for!

Posted July 16, 2001 - 08:58 PM

I admit that I have been distracted lately with moving and all. But, If a donation would assist in keeping this site up and viable let me know. Just email me. Since I am inbetween houses right now use the following email address. or TT has been and continues to be a great asset. I have learned way more in a very short amount of time than I would have otherwise. I like the site and the people. If we donate more than is needed to run the site, maybe we could use the excess money for political contributions to keep our riding areas open. Who knows? In either case I will do anything I can to support his site. Thanks, Paul M. :)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 17, 2001 - 05:01 PM

Paul, Dude!!!!! You are on the money!!!!!!

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted July 17, 2001 - 05:12 PM

Dan,I could not agree more.

• WR400inOZ

Posted July 24, 2001 - 05:48 PM

I have to admit that after all of the posts and responses in relation to this topic, I'm rather dissapointed that the staff of TT (neither Bryan or Bill) have provided any decent sort of response.

After all the aim of this topic was to try and help you guys with some suggestions on helping out TT from a potential financial perspective.

I have asked a couple of the other people who posted on this topic on whether or not you had responded to their emails and thier answers were no you had not!?

This very much surprised me considering that Yamaha seemed very interested in participating in some sort of Internet advertising on this site.

If it's not what you want, then simply post something to say so, or at least perhaps have the courtesy to let us know what your thoughts were regarding all this. Bryan you even mentioned that it costs you between $150 and $200 per month out of "YOUR POCKET"

And if you are considering least respond to those who were willing to help you out with the options?? People have gone out of their way to help you guys out.

Sorry if my words sound a little out of line here, otherwise my impression is that all this goes to waste and so does some of the members time.

• scottannand

Posted July 25, 2001 - 07:05 AM

Thank you, I thought that maybe I was the only one feeling this way. I find it very disappointing that the mediators of TT have not even given me the courtesy of responding to my post's or direct emails...
It will be sometime before I go out of my way and use my position in the industry to help...

[This message has been edited by scott annand (edited 07-25-2001).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 26, 2001 - 05:12 PM

They are to busy spending all the money they make off of this site....Archie

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 26, 2001 - 07:11 PM

Scott Annand and DRZorro,

Please allow me to set the record straight. I'm not sure if you know this but TT is owned and operated by a guy (Bryan Hulse) that has a real full-time job and family. I know he recently divorced and is moving into a new house. Oh, by the way he pays for the hosting and maintenance of this web site out of his own pocket at $150.00+/month and the site currently generates NO REVENUE! We all thank you for your efforts in looking for sponsorship to keep the site growing, however, you need to exhibit some patience and cut Bryan a break. I'm sure he is not ignoring you. I happen to know he gets flooded with emails and cannot keep up with the nearly 3k members on the site. I appreciate your passion for wanting to see the site grow. I feel the same way. So don't feel slighted for not getting attention from Bryan. At this point he needs to give attention to himself and family. A web site can look like it is owned and operated by a multi-million dollar corporation. Sometimes things are not what they seem. I thank Bryan for his hard work to date and for contributing to my riding experience through this site. I'm loyal TT all the way!

• Bill

Posted July 27, 2001 - 03:28 AM

Your absolutely correct :)

Scott, WR400in OZ and DRzorro,

Some more record clearing... I do not get emails sent to ThumperTalk, Only Bryan does and you have be told why he may not have the time to respond (so chill out). If I did, I can only give my personal opinion on how the site is run. The site was created and is funded, by one man Bryan.

As far as future direction and this is MY personal opinion. I'd like to see a couple more catagories added, such as product reveiw, FAQS (so we don't have to answer the same questions over and over) and possibly ride information.

I would also like to see Bryan keep the site, he has talked about giving it up from time to time, due to his lack of time, for attention to the site. I would hate to see this, TT is everything I could hope for in a site, good information, good people and very little moderation. I know this is selfish but, I would rather he drop the non-Yamaha sides, if it allowed him to keep the site under control (time and cost management). Again TT is a great site as is and to make it "bigger and better", isn't what it might become???

Thanks for listening and sorry for rambling :D

• Bryan

Posted July 27, 2001 - 05:02 AM

Hey all.
First off, about DRZorro's comment about me making money off of TTalk and spending it all, F you Zorro! I thought we were over this discussion.
For the rest of you TTalkers that I've been ignoring, I'm truley sorry. But here is what I have going on in late June, July and early August:
1) Sold a house
2) Changing jobs (slightly)
3) Buying a house (closing next week)
4) Packing, moving, sorting, boxing, all that crap
5) Finalizing my divorce

So since these are listed as top 10 stress items in ones life, you can see why I've been distracted.

However, some changes to TTalk are in the works to beef up this site. If you will be patient for a few more months and just keep chatting about Thumpers and such and don't dig on the owner for neglecting you all (which I do deserve by the way), I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

And in the mean time, maybe DRZorro can get a prototype going of a new site that is free to all on his own time with his own money since he seems to be in the know on these things.

Cheers all,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tbronco

Posted July 27, 2001 - 06:35 AM

Bryan, your work is greatly appreciated. I think that's how this thread got started after all.

I'd like to wish you good luck in your busy future. And, try to get a little thumpin' in --good stress relief you know.

• sclaus

Posted July 27, 2001 - 07:39 AM

Hey Bryan,

Love the site, and always will! I'm with ya in this stuff you are going through, and what you *don't* need right now is a bunch of crap from a couple of guys, which have no doubt benefited greatly from the time, effort, and money that you’ve invested in bringing this community together. I'm sure that 99% of the members are with you while you're getting your life back on track...and for the other 1%...SCREW THEM, they can go somewhere else!

Oz and Zorro can either understand what you’re going through, cut you some slack, and be pleased when you come through the other side…or…they can kiss my A$$. Either way is fine with me; let’s just cease the bitching and complaining, and get back to talkin’ about thumpers!

[This message has been edited by sclaus (edited 07-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by sclaus (edited 07-27-2001).]

• scottannand

Posted July 27, 2001 - 10:55 AM

Bill, Bryan,
Thank you for the information on your current situation,thats all we needed to know.(maybe a little too much)Good luck!
The door is still open........
Thank you,

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 27, 2001 - 04:44 PM

Just having a little fun being "A STUPID", knowing that this type of arrogant response would get a rise out of Bryan and others to respond to worked....Size 12..Good Day!!!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 28, 2001 - 07:45 AM

Given what you know about Bryan's situation, you should at least say that your sorry for being such a dick. Maybe you should start posting over at!

• Bryan

Posted July 30, 2001 - 05:11 AM

Actually, I kind of like DRZorro's attitude. Somehow I think he knew I was only being lippy back. Right mate?

Yes, I know I provided too much information. But if I keep my mouth shut like I have, it's seen as me abandoning the site.

I'm telling you guys, hang in there and you'll be stoked.

• MN_Kevin

Posted July 30, 2001 - 07:22 AM

Stroked, Bry...??? :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 30, 2001 - 04:50 PM

Right Mate!! Bryan, I appologize if I offended you, that was not my intention. I think you and Bill do a great job on this site.There is no other one like it. As for starting my own..forgeta bout it..I,m totally clueless. I,m very sorry to hear about your divorce, it has to rip your heart out, the more so if there are kids involved. I wish you the best...Ken

• bonez34

Posted July 31, 2001 - 05:14 PM

zorro, i feel like i am speaking for the whole wr forum when i say it's about time you apologized, that was very nice of you to recant your thoughts that were spoken before. and also let us apologize to you for you having to ride that pos bike!

• BunduBasher

Posted August 01, 2001 - 02:00 PM

Chill out guys, I think DRZorro is just having some fun, I think too many of you blue riders have a few too many blown blood vessels from all that kicking, me I am suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome on my thump ..... DRZeeeehaaaa haha

If any of you know how to use paypal, you can send money directly to someone's e-mail address.

I think a $18 donation (annual membership fee) from all of us should do the trick, anything over 100 donations and Bryan is in the money .... then he can spend it ... ey Zorro :)

PS, what the 'ell are you doing in this forum anyway (DRZorro) !!, get back where you belong, spend too much time with these poor fellows and you will have brain fade, no wonder you are suffering from footinmouthanitis :D :D

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.