2001 XR650R

8 replies to this topic
  • Dirtnut

Posted November 10, 2001 - 05:07 PM

Need to sell my XR. It is in excellent condition. I am down to $3900. That is a good price. I have some improvements on it and here they are: larger intake boot, E3 exhaust, delta valve in the forks, fly bars, uni filter,. I live in northern Michigan our ridding season is over. Any ? email me at snow660@lycos.com.

• Dirtnut

Posted November 13, 2001 - 02:47 AM

Ok its gota go. $3500 That is as low as I go. :)

• qadsan

Posted November 13, 2001 - 05:55 AM

Originally posted by Dirtnut:

Too bad you're not here in Southern California as your price is 'starting' to approach the point where I might even consider buying it for spare parts.

I hope you get it sold soon :D

• Dutch

Posted November 13, 2001 - 10:49 PM

Selling the BRP to buy a snowmobile?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DrDirt

Posted November 13, 2001 - 07:24 PM

Dirtnut,
If I was only closer, I would consider buying it. Hmmm, I wonder how much it would cost to ship it to Arizona. Probably alot. I will give it some thought, but I would probably be better off finding one closer.

• qadsan

Posted November 13, 2001 - 08:03 PM

Originally posted by DrDirt:
...Hmmm, I wonder how much it would cost to ship it to Arizona. Probably alot...

I just bought a new 2001 XR650R from a dealer in Colorado a few weeks ago and had it shipped to Southern California. Overnight shipping was about $75 insured. Total overnight shipping + insturance costs from the dealer including crating was $125, which I thought was pretty inexpensive. The shipping carrier was a company called "Forward Air" incase you're looking into shipping prices for Dirtnut's bike.

If he comes down another thousand, then I'll fly up there, pay him cash and ride it home myself :)

• Dirtnut

Posted November 14, 2001 - 03:02 PM

I am about ready to keep the damn thing and go on a diet. If I can't get a lighter bike maybe I will get lighter.

• qadsan

Posted November 14, 2001 - 04:16 PM

...If I can't get a lighter bike...

If you happen to have more money than you know what to do with, you could replace all the steel parts with titanium (33% lighter) and all of the aluminum parts with magnesium (33% lighter) and you'd end up with a XR-650R that would weigh about 198 pounds :D

It's a great idea, but the cost would be :D :) :D

• adamwagar

Posted November 14, 2001 - 06:26 PM

Hey Dirtnut, Dutch told me you might be buying a snowmobile. Sounds reasonable enough. Keep in shape over the winter and hone your skills. You know this means you'll have to change your online name. I'm thinking "SNOWBALLS". What do you think?
Adam
PS I'm sorry, I couldn't resist... :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.