Teraflex, Terraflex?

12 replies to this topic
  • Eric_F

Posted September 13, 2004 - 06:08 AM

Has anyone tried this tire on their bike? It seems so massive that it would eat up clutches! Is it really that good of a tire, however?

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted September 13, 2004 - 08:11 AM

Last time I saw a Terraflex was back when my twin brother had one on his 1981 IT250 Yamaha. I do remember it was mammoth! Filled the whole space in the swing arm. Never went through a clutch. In fact, I've never worn out a clutch in any motorcycle I've ever owned!

• oldbones

Posted September 13, 2004 - 10:38 AM

BrandonW ran em forever on his WR400, definitely a badass tire. MUCHO hookup, and long lasting.

• washinout

Posted September 13, 2004 - 11:06 AM

BrandonW ran em forever on his WR400, definitely a badass tire. MUCHO hookup, and long lasting.

And here all this time I haven't bought one because I thought it wouldn't fit. Better get one on order. :thumbsup:

• Jackazz

Posted September 13, 2004 - 12:27 PM

Anyone care to fill me on on what these things are? I tried a google search, but only came up with 4WD stuff. :thumbsup: Link(s) would be nice...

• washinout

Posted September 13, 2004 - 01:08 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 5valve

Posted September 13, 2004 - 11:12 PM

tera-flex style 1 link is a design from metzeler MC4, and it is copied by at least one more tyre manufacturer
if tera's are cheap, they are a good buy

• oldbones

Posted September 14, 2004 - 10:25 AM

Is this a monster tire, or what?

Posted Image

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 14, 2004 - 01:17 PM

Any real world reports from people that have ridden them in varied conditions? How well do they work? How long do they last? Any high speed balance issues with the construction? etc. :thumbsup:

• BrandonW

Posted September 14, 2004 - 02:18 PM

Here is a review that I did on the Flex a couple of years ago.

These are the only tires I will run on the back of my bike.

I honestly feel they are the best thing going.

Tera Flex.

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 14, 2004 - 03:54 PM

Thanks Brandon I will review your post. :devil: I will call you tomorrow to talk about Baja 2005! :thumbsup:

• Lowedog

Posted September 16, 2004 - 04:32 AM

I tried the Terraflex on recommendation of Brandon and another friend. This tire is crap! Sorry Brandon :thumbsup:.

It's way too big for anything but maybe a KX500 or something. It robs power big time! It also will make your bike handle like hell. The back end of your bike will wallow around all over because the knobbies are so tall they just roll over. I yanked this tire off after 4-5 rides on it.

I highly recommend you stick with tire sizes recommended for your bike. It was designed to handle best with that size of tire.

I have noticed that guys who drive jacked up 4WD's with huge tires really like the Terraflex :devil:

• postalrider

Posted September 16, 2004 - 09:23 AM

i also run the terra flex on my 450,i dropped to a 13 front sprocket to make up for the power loss.i am or was a die hard michilin fan until i put this tire on ,there is absolutely no comparison in soft terrain.i do notice that it does break loose a little more in the turns than a s12 but its worth it for the hill climbing traction

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.