Supertrapp

5 replies to this topic
  • Terrain Rider 4z

Posted November 02, 2001 - 04:41 PM

I have a Supertrapp on my '93 XR600R but have no clue which model it is. Anyone have any ideas on serial #s? Also, how many disks to run? I am currently at 12, but am not impressed by it's performance. Anyone tried the Power Core IV on the 600?

• Dutch

Posted November 02, 2001 - 04:59 PM

One thing I have found true of Supertrapps is that you can't run too many discs.

• Matt96xr6

Posted November 05, 2001 - 05:31 AM

I have a pro or race series, the kind that tapers all the way to the head pipe. I also have an aftermarket head pipe.

I am not impressed either with the unit. The mounting eye is cracking by the fender. I run 12 disc and have rejetted to a 70/165 jetting to compensate for the air filter mods, pipe and header. Runs really well, but it is loud. Overall the quality just seems like junk and it is loud. The inside is riveted, so you cannot rebuild it without drilling out rivets. Plus in the mud, the disc get packed and start bogging and stalling the bikes. I am most likely going to sell it used and get a ProCircuit T4 unit. May not be any quieter, but should solve the quality and packing with mud issue.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Terrain Rider 4z

Posted November 05, 2001 - 05:16 PM

Matt, I see you are in Oregon. Which area are you in? I live just over the river in Camas, WA about 15 minutes from Portland. Have you heard good things about the T4? My buddy has a Power Core IV on his '01 DRZ and it rips, though very loud. Have you tried running more than 12 discs? :)

• RedThunder

Posted November 06, 2001 - 05:04 PM

I had a couple different pipe combos on my XR600.

-stock header w/ White Bros. E-Series pro-meg muffler, 12 discs

-White Bros. stainless header w/ E-Series

-Complete Big Gun system

I liked the E-Series on the stock header the best. Killer low and mid, and really revved out nice compared to the stocker. After putting on the huge White Bros. header, it seemed I lost a tiny, tiny bit of top end power, at the expense of some low and mid...didn't like that at all. The Big Gun was Ok, I just didn't think the bike was as fast with it as it was with the E-Series.

BTW.....I put an R4 on my 650. It came with a manual on installation, dyno chart, etc. In that, White Bros. claims that aftermarket headers really aren't all that great on the 650. They said their header makes a little bit more power way up in the RPM's, while sacrificing the low end and mid-range.

[ November 06, 2001: Message edited by: RedThunder ]

• tshea

Posted November 08, 2001 - 12:39 PM

Has anyone tried or heard anything about the XRs Only exhaust? The web site ... www.xrsonly.com/frameset.htm
says that Campbell and Team Honda Offroad run this pipe.
:)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.