Pro Taper Vs. Renthal Fat Bars

8 replies to this topic
  • SLO_Rider

Posted September 12, 2004 - 10:44 AM

So which one is better? I have always used Pro Tapers, but I'm considering trying the Fat Bars since they are about $40 bucks cheaper. Are the Fat Bars as strong as the Tapers? If they’re going to bend easier, I'll stick with the Pro Tapers. Comments greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

• Nate_R

Posted September 12, 2004 - 04:21 PM

$40 cheaper? I got my pro tapers for $69 at moto x outlet.

• Eric_F

Posted September 13, 2004 - 05:56 AM

I'd say Pro-Taper all the way, but it's personal preference, in my opinion.

• latehit

Posted September 13, 2004 - 06:16 AM

I bought some Pro Taper SE's and they bent on my first get-off. I have to say I am somewhat disappointed in them. My stockers lasted longer. :devil: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SLO_Rider

Posted September 13, 2004 - 08:12 AM

Thanks, I'll check out moto x outlet. The cheepest I've seen them has been around $85.00. :thumbsup:

• YZDAD1

Posted September 13, 2004 - 08:36 AM

Fell down on both! Both are still strait and on the bikes!

• DIGITAL_SOLDIER

Posted September 13, 2004 - 10:52 AM

I haven't owned any Pro Tapers, but I have owned two sets of Fatbars. I have had several less than graceful dismounts on both bikes and the bars are still good. Pretty tough aluminum, and I think the Fatso is 1mm thicker at the bend. :thumbsup:

• big t

Posted September 24, 2004 - 03:15 AM

Pro Tapers :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 24, 2004 - 07:10 AM

Pro Tapers!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.