USD fork conversion possible with a direct swap?

1 reply to this topic
  • vrecksler

Posted September 12, 2004 - 08:54 AM

Hello all, I was wondering if it were possible that the front forks from a CR 250 or CRF 450 would be the same diameter and have the same axle size as the BRP so that I could simply swap forks? I am guessing not but thought I would check with you guys first, I did a search but came up dry.
Thanks! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mikie1

Posted September 12, 2004 - 10:11 AM

No way. The diameter of the fork tubes and the axle are way different. I have both bikes and thought about this swap, but got talked out of it. I sold a set of forks, triples and front wheel last week to a guy that's doing this same conversion.

Looking closely at the two bikes and the parts side-by-side, you'll need the CR/ CRF triple clamps and front wheel. You MIGHT be able to find larger diameter bearings to work in your XR wheel, but we didn't make this determiation. You'll have to press your steering stem out of the stock XR bottom triple clamp and into the CRF's. From there it should be a straight swap.

Related Content

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.