2003 XR650L losing idle...

2 replies to this topic
  • bluerock5

Posted September 12, 2004 - 05:50 AM

Several times in the hills yesterday my bike lost it's ability to idle and the very low end of the RPM band was rough. The high end RPM was fine. I let it sit a bit and then started it again and with a puff of black smoke - it was fine again.It did this 4 times and then was fine the rest of the day - any ideas what happened? Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr650Lroostnya

Posted September 12, 2004 - 02:17 PM

Dont know if u tried this already but try turning the little knob that sticks out of the carburator (i think its the left hand side.) while the bike is running. You should hear it idle faster or slower depending on which way u turn it. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted September 13, 2004 - 08:39 AM

Bluerock- stone stock? The dreaded DynoJet jetting kit? Rejetted with keihin jets? Detail your setup- there's a few things it could be.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.