protection question/poll

2 replies to this topic
  • rljjredhed

Posted September 12, 2004 - 05:18 AM

guys i am getting back into riding after 20 years on a yz450f, i have a good helmut and boots but what else do you guys suggest or use, after 5 trips to the track i have a nice strawberry on my forearm and a bruise the size of a grapefruit on my hip, i don't plan on racing, i do plan on some kind of chest protector, what else should i consider without feeling like a linebacker?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ranger_426F

Posted September 12, 2004 - 07:22 AM

Some other things you may want.

MX Pants......I would say not required but highly recomended
Kidney Belt...Not required but might make you feel better after
neck Roll....Not required but....You Never Know

Oh BTW if you have a 450 and are going to the MX track on a regular basis you will want to race sooner or later. Vet Class is a blast :thumbsup:

• sirthumpalot

Posted September 12, 2004 - 07:31 AM

I personally wear boots, MX pants (vented) w/velcro hip pads, MX jersey (vented, long sleeves), knee pads, elbow pads, chest protector with spine padding, helmet, goggles, kidney belt, gloves and wouldn't mind a neck roll. Lots of guys swear by knee braces. Also many people don't think knee or elbow pads are necessary but mine have saved me many many times. As long as it doesn't affect your ability to ride, you can't be too protected in this sport.

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.