wr400 big bore kit?

1 reply to this topic
  • jjk

Posted September 11, 2004 - 07:16 AM

I did a search and read some of the posts on this issue. I was curious, who has done a kit, which kit, what were the final results, and roughly what were the costs involved? How does the bike after the kit compare to the wr450 with basic mods and pipe? Thanks......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • the426master

Posted September 12, 2004 - 02:27 PM

I'll tell you what if your going to bore your 400 out you should put a 426 rod in it and a 426 piston the 400's have a small wrist pin and when boared out tend to throw rods unless you use 426 stuff and a new 426 cylinder is almost as cheap as getting your old cylinder replatted :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.