DS Shopping

No replies to this topic
  • Kent

Posted October 17, 2001 - 07:03 AM

Hello All,
Just joined and I'm in the market for a Dual Sport bike. I've heard some good things about the DRZ 400S and wanted to talk w/ some owners before I purchase. I probably won't be ready until this spring. I sat on one last night at the local Suzuki Dealership, seat seemed kinda firm compared to the DRS 650 parked next to it.

I'm looking at all the factory offerings including a XLR650 and am even considering a DS kit to legalize a off road bike, like a Yamaha WR 426. Sorry, but all I've ever owned is Yamaha. It's a shame they don't offer a decent DS. I live in the People's Republic of Northern Virginia so quiet and stealthy are important.

I'd like to be able to commute to work say 80 miles round trip. I expect my percentage of use would be 70% road and 30% off road. I want something that's light enough to load on my pickup and take with me for a weekend getaway, run to the store for errands, trail ride w/ my 8 year old who's taking an interest in the 76 YZ 80 lurking in the garage, explore some gravel roads, trails and maybe hit a couple of small jumps, I'm 38, 6', 160 lbs.

Any comments appreciated.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.