6 replies to this topic
  • malevolent73

Posted September 10, 2004 - 07:03 PM

It's now on it's official! look under preview '05 bikes!!! :thumbsup:

• big t

Posted September 11, 2004 - 01:53 AM

It looks sweet but I won't be trading in the 650 just yet.

• resslera

Posted September 11, 2004 - 09:38 AM

Definitely wont be trading my new 650R. I've ridden the 450s mx bikes and something about the 650 got me addicted. There is still no replacement for displacement! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gav_114

Posted September 13, 2004 - 04:13 PM

to hogh maintenance for my likeing

• mikekay

Posted September 13, 2004 - 05:42 PM

rumor has it theres lots more metal in that motor...bearings, crank, piston, valves are all (supposedly) different than the R. Different meaning much more XR than CRF. Idea being it wont be the high maintenance motocrosser with lights we all fear...lets just wait and see.

• JohnnyAirtime

Posted September 14, 2004 - 01:42 PM

Since it doesn't seem to be made street legal (unlike the KTM motard SMC 625)... HOWEVER it is a green sticker bike (the 450X)

I'll keep my '00 XR6fittyR (the desert Cadillac) as my street warrior.

However... it sure is purrty.

Posted September 14, 2004 - 07:45 PM

I hope it does employ a lot of the XR traits but if the 250X is any indication I do not see it. There was a lot of emphasis put on emmissions but reliablity wise the guys on the 250 forum are seeing the same problems on the X as the R. I too like my 650 and am keeping it but the '05 I'm getting is the 450 R model. More power, less weight, and less crap to break. :thumbsup:

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.