Will not roll .....

4 replies to this topic
  • Dennis'_WR426

Posted June 25, 2001 - 10:07 AM

I have had a problem loading the bike on the back of my truck. It seems when I put in first gear with the engine off and pull in the clutch I can't push it up the ramp. I like the option of not putting on the break if needed when pushing it up. You know what I mean? The rear tire is locked up. Is there a cure for this or am I S.O.L.

• Bill

Posted June 26, 2001 - 02:38 AM

You have some residual oil holding the clutch. Pull the clutch in before you kill the motor and it'll push fine. Once you let go of the clutch, it's over.

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dennis'_WR426

Posted June 26, 2001 - 10:35 AM

Bill not to be a smart ass but what di you mean it's over? If I am pushing the bike and it is first gear with the clutch in and it is free wheeling, you men once I let it out I'm screwed?
Dennis :)

• Bill

Posted June 26, 2001 - 10:43 AM

That's right......sorry I didn't explain :) once you release the clutch, there is enough residual oil to make the clutch "grab". Same if you ever try a dead engine start in hare scramble.....don't let the clutch out after killing the motor :D

• Dennis'_WR426

Posted June 26, 2001 - 11:03 AM

Thanks Bill.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.