03 yz450f Spring rate????

4 replies to this topic
  • motolawson

Posted September 10, 2004 - 06:00 PM

I weigh 215. Is stock fork spring too soft??

• SureBlue

Posted September 12, 2004 - 11:16 AM

Check the last section "Tuning" from your manual. All spring rates for differnt rider weights are there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CrashDaddy

Posted September 13, 2004 - 04:48 AM

I weigh 215. I went with .48 fronts, world of difference. I also went with 5.8 rear, I think it's a little too stiff from the way I have to set the bike up. But I like it. I'll probably change to a 5.6.

Posted September 14, 2004 - 04:01 PM

On MX-tech sping calculator a .479 fork sping rate was
recomended, but race tech only has .49 for '04. They were better than stock for my 225 lbs., but caused arm pump in the whoops. Last week I swapped out one stock spring ,.46,with the .49 and the difference was awsome!!! The bike turns so much better now and it is easier to go fast now. I also have 5.6 rear spring with 100mm rider sag.

• MxHuggy

Posted September 14, 2004 - 08:33 PM

Yes i would think that you may have to spend some$$$$$$ here!!

My tuner said that I was on the bubble and I weigh 180 w/o gear. After the changes the bike did handle much better. Well worth the money!! :thumbsup:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.