excitable

7 replies to this topic
  • SWD6

Posted September 10, 2004 - 05:01 PM

To many beer makes me type. How much do you like your wr? Every time I ride mine I grin from ear to ear and start "pitchin a tent" . And I hate camping :jawdrop:Where else can you get reliability and outright wheely power without mixing gas and changin sparkplugs :thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 10, 2004 - 06:30 PM

I hope my WR450 lasts as long as your WR400! So far it has been a fantastic and reliable bike. Everytime I get on something else I just cant wait to get back on big blue!
The wide ratio transmission is perfect for all kinds of riding. The engines bottom end power is amazing. E-start! Great handling and suspension. This bike just rocks. I ride it with a big wide grin from ear to ear. :thumbsup: :devil: :awww:

• SWD6

Posted September 10, 2004 - 08:17 PM

Come on you guys, do these bikes have to start blowing up just to make a post. My Father in law left me $10,000 to buy the motorcycle of my choice. I'm not braggin ,I'm complaining about the money.. Miss you Fred, My 400 works so well that I put an Yz pipe on it just in case I decide to make love to it.(it's bigger)I'm not replacing this bike any time soon.. PS a buddy put his 99 WR under water this past weekend so he pulled the head and the cylinder still looks perfect..awsome :awww: :thumbsup: :devil:

• RodFugler

Posted September 11, 2004 - 05:08 AM

I would have to agree with Indy, My Wr450 is the best all around bike that I have ever owned.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chevy_Cowboy

Posted September 11, 2004 - 01:31 PM

well I've been a WR owner for less than a week and put a measly 71 miles on my bike so far. The bike is still mostly stock including the suspension thats way too soft for me. Until yesterday It still had the stock throttle stop and exhaust insert...

This bike suprises me alittle more each time I ride it. The change yesterday when I put the YZ throttlestop in was amazing. Until now I've had bikes that took quite abit of work to pull a wheelie in first gear... now I've got one that easily does it in 2nd and 3rd :thumbsup:

I just ordered the right springs for my wieght... I'm lookin forward to seeing what this bike will do once I get the suspension setup.

Needless to say I love my WR450.... its 10 times more bike than I ever dreamed it would be. :devil:

• Maddog542

Posted September 11, 2004 - 10:09 PM

I would have to agree with Indy, My Wr450 is the best all around bike that I have ever owned.

10-4 on that one, and I've had a few bikes over the years. I am really impressed and pleased with my WR. It's really a true conniseur's machine.

• Gadsen

Posted September 12, 2004 - 08:12 AM

2004 Yamaha WR450F! (mine)
GYT-R Frame guards, GYT-R Exhaust insert, YZ Throttle stop, more coming soon.

1999 Kawasaki KLR250 (hers)

Hey Chevy Cowboy, I see you pawned off the old KLR250 on the old lady! :thumbsup:

Hey, KLR's are OK, I own a 650, but for dirt, no deal! I use mine on forest service roads where I colver lots of miles, otherwise, its all WR!

• Chevy_Cowboy

Posted September 12, 2004 - 04:17 PM

2004 Yamaha WR450F! (mine)
GYT-R Frame guards, GYT-R Exhaust insert, YZ Throttle stop, more coming soon.

1999 Kawasaki KLR250 (hers)

Hey Chevy Cowboy, I see you pawned off the old KLR250 on the old lady! :thumbsup:

Hey, KLR's are OK, I own a 650, but for dirt, no deal! I use mine on forest service roads where I colver lots of miles, otherwise, its all WR!

Hehe, yeah... the original plan was to get 2 new bikes (probably a WR450 and a WR250) for both of us but she decided she wanted to stick with the KLR for a few more months. she's only been riding for 3 months now. Next summer we'll probably pick her up a blue thumper too.

I still ride the KLR around town and back roads once in awhile.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.