Buying from Canada

2 replies to this topic
  • Bailey28

Posted October 15, 2001 - 06:34 PM

Hello, I am new to this board, so forgive me if I am covering old ground. I am strongly considering buying an xr650l and have read elsewhere in the past that people have been going to Canada to buy their new bikes and importing them here. They mentioned that they saved about 30% over the cost of a machine bought here in the US. If anyone knows about this, please fill me in if it is a good idea, or if I should go running disrobed the other way. By the way, I think I am the only person in North Central Florida that will take my xr off road. Unfortunately, the sport seems dead around here.
Thanks,

Frank

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xisabel

Posted June 25, 2008 - 08:41 PM

Bump.

• XR_Aaron

Posted June 26, 2008 - 10:20 AM

Did you already find a bike in Canada for a decent price? I found that bikes in general are quite a bit cheaper in the states. I live in Ontario and am having a tough time selling my 650l because someone could pick up a similar bike in New York or Detroit for way less. Good luck with your search though

edit: I only just realized that this thread is from 2001.....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.