New 2000 XR 650R For Sale

6 replies to this topic
  • largethump

Posted October 14, 2001 - 02:35 PM

Only 67 miles on this 2000 XR 650R. Bought it new off the dealers floor a few weeks ago. To big and fast for this old man! Is Arizona street legal, and has Honda Hop up kit not installed. Adds about 8 -10 HP. $5500.

Mark

• gtms34

Posted October 15, 2001 - 06:12 AM

Mark,
Just an FYI. I bought my new 2000 in Feb. for $4900otd. It is CA street legal and hopped up.

Kevin

• largethump

Posted October 15, 2001 - 07:56 AM

Hi Kevin,

Yep, I know there are better prices than mine but that is what I need. It depends on where you live as to what you have to pay. WE are in a small town 100 miles from any big city so the prices are a little different (more expensive) from Orange County, LA, etc. Not everyone is going to want to drive 800-900 mile round trip for a few hundred bucks as is the difference between what you paid and what I paid. Also the laws of supply and demand are an issue as the supply is much less in this retirement state but there is an avg. demand for the XR650R Thanks for your info.

How do you like your bike?

Mark

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gtms34

Posted October 15, 2001 - 09:30 PM

Ah yes,
The law of supply and demand Posted Image. I do hope it works in your favor.
As for my bike, I love it. I try to make one bike do everything well. I can't afford one bike per type of riding. Some guys on TT have 2,3, or more. I try to ride with the limits of myself and the bike in mind. In the desert, no worries, the XR is in it's element. In tight single track or GP races, I reset the suspension and stabilizer and go from there. I was concerned about the weight as I'm 5'10" 180. The only time I feel the weight is when I jump it. If it gets out of shape on take off, it's harder to correct. Now that I have personalized my bike, I love it's all around performance.

Kevin

• largethump

Posted October 15, 2001 - 04:25 PM

Hi Kevin

I am in the same boat, would love to have a couple of bikes for different types of riding. I was luck to have my wife agree to the XR let alone 2 or 3 bikes. I guess she liked the idea of the ATV I told her we would get her so we could ride together. I raced MX years ago and had not been on a bike for 20 some years until the XR, I am learningto ride all over again . I may keep the XR but I think I made a mistake in buying such a machine. I took the kit off a couple of days ago and put it back to stone stock, maybe I will be able to handle it that way! Ha Ha Thats what you get when you get old and lose coordination, timing etc.
Glad you like your bike and safe riding.

Mark

• gtms34

Posted October 16, 2001 - 03:34 PM

Just be "throttle concious". When I got back on a bike this year, I kept riding the XR like a 2 stroke. I put a 15 tooth Cshaft sprocket on to force me to use the torque. That worked well.
Best of luck with your choices,

Kevin

• tonytexas

Posted October 16, 2001 - 05:58 PM

Originally posted by largethump:
Only 67 miles on this 2000 XR 650R. Bought it new off the dealers floor a few weeks ago. To big and fast for this old man! Is Arizona street legal, and has Honda Hop up kit not installed. Adds about 8 -10 HP. $5500.

Mark

Hi largethump
What is the hop up kit include ? Do you want
to seel the kit? I like my to have another 8-10 horse more,it sound good to me.So far I put Top Gun exhaust sys.in it,just lighter
still not satisfy.If you want to sell the kit
let me know,how much
thank
tony

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.