GYT-R Carbon question

2 replies to this topic

Posted September 10, 2004 - 11:23 AM

I want an aftermarket exhaust that's lighter than stock, and delivers a real performance increase over the uncorked stainless can. I'm curious if anyone has ever tried the GYTR-carbon exhaust. It's supposed to deliver 3.5 hp bottom end, and 1.5 on top. It's the only exhaust that I can even find a spec for horsepower increase. The Yamaha dealer said there's an insert for it if it's too loud. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wildo

Posted September 10, 2004 - 12:22 PM

i have this exhaust on my 02 426. it dose give the bike alot more porwer and wighes roughly half of what the stocker does. I hade to go all the way up to a 180 main jet, and it is very lowd.

Posted September 10, 2004 - 12:49 PM

Yeah, I heard that thing is nasty loud. The dealer said there is an insert to quiet it down. But I'm sure that will stifle some power too. I might check out the White Bros. E2 also. Thanks Wildo.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.