edelbrock carb for XR650

7 replies to this topic
  • Ronin

Posted October 08, 2001 - 10:16 AM

My Brother-In-law is looking for an edelbrock carb for his 650, does anyone know where you can get one. Or how well it works, he is tired of the damn thing flooding out every time it tips over for a half a second.

thanks in advance,
Ronin

• Jeremy

Posted October 09, 2001 - 01:27 PM

You've probably already checked this out, but I couldn't stand to see this post without any responses for so long. You can check http://www.edelbrock...ycle/index.html
The ads for the QwikSilver carb look awfully good. If he gets one, let us know how it works.

• Dutch

Posted October 09, 2001 - 01:36 PM

Has anyone seen the magazine ad where they claim the Edelbrock carb makes an XR400 faster than a YZ426? If that is true I'll put one of those on my 650R and go looking for R1's.

• Jeremy

Posted October 10, 2001 - 04:35 AM

That ad (Dirt Rider, Oct '01, pg.39) seems a little tough to believe. The graph shows an increase for the XR650R of 2.3 horsepower, and that's for the R, not the L. With that small of an increase, it's tough to believe that an XR400 can go up against YZ426s and "beat them consistently." It sounds like the guy is racing (though it doesn't specify that), so you would think was making many mods in an effort to be faster. If he's racing, why would he choose an XR400, what kind of racing, and beat them how (starts faster?)?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • buffaman

Posted October 10, 2001 - 04:20 PM

i have a edelbrock carb on my xr-400 and it works great. call edelbrock and talk with there tech asst dept, they have helped me in the past...# is 909-654-6677 x 244

good luck

• catchdirt

Posted October 11, 2001 - 06:43 PM

Originally posted by Ronin: I just had a edelbrock carb put on by edelbrock on an XR250 and it was worth every dime. the crew there out it on and tuned it for no charge what a deal. also they had an xr650r in house that was stock with the stock carb it made 41 horse, with the edelbrock carb it was 49 I was impressed, they also had a 650r motor in a quad making the same numbers.to get a hold of them call 18778887504 and ask for Mike
My Brother-In-law is looking for an edelbrock carb for his 650, does anyone know where you can get one. Or how well it works, he is tired of the damn thing flooding out every time it tips over for a half a second.

thanks in advance,
Ronin

• Dutch

Posted October 12, 2001 - 01:07 AM

Wow!! 8 horsepower with just a carb change.
It must be made of green Cryptonite!!

• bhoth

Posted October 16, 2001 - 03:22 AM

I would stay clear of the non-pumper models.

In a few weeks, a review of the new pumper carb for the XR650R should be available on this website below. http://xr650r.net

------------------
Brian
http://xr650r.net

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.