Lowering Link on XR650L

1 reply to this topic
  • XR650L_CDN

Posted September 09, 2004 - 08:40 AM

Can anyone provide me feedback on the following: How does the lowering link affect handling and clearance? Do you really get a 1 1/2" drop as they advertise? Can't you just lower the front fork assembly a bit? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mikkojay

Posted September 12, 2004 - 09:37 PM

I installed one about a month ago, and I am happy with the results. I lowered the front about 1/2 inch to balance the overall stance. I lowered it too much in the front at first and the bike had a wierd "leaning forward" feel so I raised it back up a little. The difference in comfort that 1 1/2" drop makes is more than you might think- it was so for me.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.