Question on titling a bike?

5 replies to this topic
  • Lowedog

Posted September 08, 2004 - 08:54 PM

I have a 2003 WR450 frame with the certificate of origin. This bike was never titled as it was a race bike. I am thinking if I can title this bike with a plate that this may be of some value to someone with a WR450 they would like to put a plate on. I live in WA. and the COO says that "this vehicle was not manufactured for use on public streets, roads or highways, such use is prohibited by law".

What would a person need to do with this in order to title this frame for street use?

Later,
Lowedog

• ETP

Posted September 09, 2004 - 05:09 PM

Lowedog,
Try to contact a title company that deals with bringing foriegn vehicles your state and licensing them. International Brokers, etc. They should have an answer for you. Good luck...

• Gadsen

Posted September 09, 2004 - 08:44 PM

Lowdog, your screwed in thsi state, But you could export it to Oegon, get it titled, plated, then buy it back to WA, then transfer it, pay sales tax again! Otherwise, its not doable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GregDrozd

Posted September 13, 2004 - 04:24 PM

You wrote that you have a frame. Do you have a frame or the bike. I have a chance to buy a crashed wr that might need a frame. Please clarify.

Greg

gdrozd@yahoo.com

• Eric_F

Posted September 13, 2004 - 05:36 PM

Yeah, it sucks in WA. On the title, it says: NOT ELIGIBLE FOR HIGHWAY USE or something to that extent. It's too bad they don't change that.

• r_dawg1021

Posted September 13, 2004 - 07:17 PM

Yeah, it sucks in WA. On the title, it says: NOT ELIGIBLE FOR HIGHWAY USE or something to that extent. It's too bad they don't change that.

From what I could tell on my registration my title doesnt allow street use either. Appparently Oregon is cool about letting things on the street. I've been looking for a bike to import if you need some help :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.