new fork springs needed, rate advice needed

3 replies to this topic
  • Matt96xr6

Posted September 15, 2001 - 06:40 AM

Well I have figured that I am due for new springs in the front as mine are sagging already. I am trying to figure out the spring rate I should get. The stockers are .41kg, measured actual of .383 kg/mm by racetech.

I am not going to get progressive springs as they are just not what I want. so i have the following choices:

996 Eibach -- .43, .45, .47kg
3750 Race Tech -- .46, .40-.46kg

My weight is about 175 now these days. I ride pretty agressive and right now the compression is at one click from full and it is not enough. I am leaning towards the .45 to be sure I get a spring stiff enough. I am not bottoming out with the present stockers, so that makes me think at .43 spring may be better.

• hourout

Posted September 15, 2001 - 05:18 PM

i would say that for 170lbs. .43 should be enough. i ride .46 and my compresion is all the way out and it still is a little stiff. try calling factoryconnection for advice it worked good for me. also ask if you might need to go up on the shock spring because after the forks are done you might upset the balance to the rear.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gtms34

Posted September 18, 2001 - 12:53 PM

Steve @ White Bros. set my bike up. He has these bikes dialed. He used .45 Eibach front and a 10.5 rear. I'm 180lbs ready to ride. I love it for desert. I have to stiffen it up when I visit the MX tracks. It's nice to grab a screwdriver and dial it in for any condition. I've heard of several guys breaking the race tech springs.

• Matt96xr6

Posted September 18, 2001 - 06:16 PM

great! thanks for the info!

I assume they are using the WB springs then instead of the Eibachs? I am not a fan of Eibach springs anyways in cars, so I would prefer to not run them in the bike. FYI

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.