best silencer for duel sport? 99 wr400

3 replies to this topic
  • Rockrawler

Posted September 08, 2004 - 06:58 PM

Been told to run the FMF Q to be quiet and powerful but dont what to spend my money untill I have done more resurch.

Needs to be a spark arester.

Thanks for your input.

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 09, 2004 - 04:08 AM

FMF Q if quiet performance is all you want or for more adjustability (noise and bottom end power) Power core 4 with removable quiet core insert, 1.5" or 2" opening caps and spark arrestor. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted September 09, 2004 - 05:01 AM

The Q is a great performer aswell as the PC 496 model. Whatever you do don't buy the PC T4 and run the inserts, your bike will be choking and barely start.. I thought this was the way to go but it turned out to be a waste of money and didn't work like I thought.

• WR450F_RDR

Posted September 09, 2004 - 05:53 AM

I have to ditto FMF Powercore IV w/ quiet core insert and spark arrestor. This combination works great and you can take to quiet core out for the extra punch when sound is not an issue.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.