Vermont Plates

3 replies to this topic
  • mtnhoss

Posted September 10, 2001 - 10:58 AM

Has anyone registered thier XR600 in Vermont? I have heard rumor that you can do this, but never got the specifics; ie VIN verification, cost, etc. Thanks.

• pw455

Posted September 12, 2001 - 05:16 AM

The XR's are green sticker bikes, which means you can register them in CA without going through Vermont. If you had a red-sticker bike you might be able to get a plate through Vermont and transfer it to CA, but I've heard of that not working in some cases. Here's a link to which bikes are green-sticker: http://www.ama-d36.o...xplanation.html

Go to http://www.bajadesig...t2/ for dual-sport kits and for DMV information.

Hope this helps,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted September 14, 2001 - 06:40 AM

The other thing that you do is if they ask you what the bike is after the DSK installed, tell them it is a XL600. My insurance company did not have a xr600, but did have an xl so I said "XL it is". Simple enough. Did the same at the DMV in oregon here, but the guy asked me 4 times how many wheels it had.

But another thought if they shaft you that way, get a XL600 frame with title and then either swap the vin plates or frames and go get your liscence plate. I see this as being more common as the XR/XL share the same frames, same with the DRZ and S versions.

• Trick_Dual_Sport

Posted September 15, 2001 - 01:33 PM

most of the xr 600 can go to the CA DMV and do not deal with vermont

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.