650R rear fender

8 replies to this topic
  • DirtyChris

Posted September 08, 2004 - 05:15 PM

Whats the best, and best place to buy a rear fender for the BRP?

What are my options? OEM and UFO come to mind, anyone else make one and which is the best?

I just looped my bike and ripped the fender clean off, along with turning my pipe into a pretzle. :thumbsup:

• jws

Posted September 08, 2004 - 07:34 PM

I just looped my bike and ripped the fender clean off, along with turning my pipe into a pretzle. :awww:

i know the feeling :lol: i ended up with a ufo rear fender that i bought from four strokes only - i think it was about $80
Posted Image

or check ebay :thumbsup:

jeff :devil:

• fourstrokin650

Posted September 08, 2004 - 08:08 PM

Ebay. I did the same thing and found a perfect OEM fender. I think it was about $30. Great price, and nothing else will fit and match like an original.

• DirtyChris

Posted September 08, 2004 - 08:56 PM

Yeah, ebay was my first thought, I checked there this morning, nada...

So I have 1 vote OEM and 1 vote UFO...

Does the OEM fender realy fit better then the UFO one? they both come with the fender light assembly? is one stronger/less flex then the other? I'll have the added weight of a BajaDesigns kit to bolt to it and always hated how much it bounces around...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mikie1

Posted September 08, 2004 - 09:04 PM

Baja Designs (or Electrex- I can't remember which) sells their kit complete with a UFO fender & the rear light/ number plate holder/ blinkers already attached. They say the UFO fender is needed to handle the extra weight because it's thicker/ stiffer than the stocker. I just ordered one for my BRP- was afraid to even ask about the price :thumbsup: .

• jws

Posted September 09, 2004 - 03:54 AM

DirtyChris - sent you a PM :thumbsup:

• DirtyChris

Posted September 09, 2004 - 06:54 AM

JWS, Got it, Thanks!

• Mikie1

Posted September 19, 2004 - 11:34 AM

Got the UFO rear fender- $65 including shipping. Fit great except there were no holes or slots drilled for the taillight wire & fixture; came with the lens but it just kind of sits on top of the fender; no "grooves" or lips molded in for the lens to sit down tight in (won't be water or mud-proof), & it mounts direct to the fender (i.e., not through rubber grommets like the stocker). It's actually quite a bit thinner than the stocker where the two rear-most bolts go into the subframe, & there are two molded-in holes right above the subframe's square tubing (maybe for a stiffener or grab-bar of some kind?). Anyway, these holes will allow dirt/ mud/ water right in, & on the left side I can see it making its way right into the airbox. ERRRGGGHH!!! Plus, right where those holes are is where my stocker broke (from lifting the bike out of a big rut), & I'm sure the holes weaken it dramatically in that spot. I guess I'll glue some 1-1/2" round tire patches over the holes. :cry:

Email me if you want pics. mikie1@comcast.net.

So, in short, STICK WITH STOCK!! The few bucks I saved cost me a riding day. Now I'm gonna buy the stocker anyway. :cry:

• DirtyChris

Posted September 19, 2004 - 04:37 PM

I got a OEM replacement... Thanks for the advice guys.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.