Anybody know the mid-valve for a stock wr450f?

2 replies to this topic
  • BigIvyI

Posted September 08, 2004 - 04:01 PM

I'm going to re-valve my friends 2004 yz450f for woods, and I thought I would start by going to a stock wr450f mid-valve set up. If anybody could give me the stack that would be most appreciated. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beta_Man

Posted September 08, 2004 - 04:50 PM

On my wr 450 I took the mid-valve right out except for the last and biggest shim. I found it to stiff before and after removing the mid-valve it's much smoother.

• BigIvyI

Posted September 09, 2004 - 03:06 PM

I had good results on my yz250f when I used the gold valves and a softened mid-valve set up. No mid valve was too soft for me. I know that allot of people like just going to a check plate system though.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.