Ready Filter- heads up

2 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted September 07, 2004 - 06:41 PM

Just a note, I ordered a Ready Filter for my 426 just to try it out, plus I figured it can't hurt to have a spare. In case you aren't familiar with them, Ready Filters are two stage foam filters that come pre-oiled with Maxima FFT and a pair of rubber gloves, for $10!!! :thumbsup: I haven't taken the filter out of the sealed bag yet, but the quality appears to be up to par with stock or other aftermarket filters. However, I'm not too pleased about the 2 week wait for it to get here. Just a head's up for anyone considering ordering from Ready Filter (I ordered mine direct BTW).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimFurryBalls

Posted September 07, 2004 - 07:08 PM

Dang, I ordered mine just about TWO weeks ago too! I'm like, "What's going on here?!" I guess they need to work on their shipping methods.

• B86_Racer

Posted September 07, 2004 - 08:35 PM

I think they might have a problem with supply and demand!!! I'm thinking their supply is less than their demand, for sure. I like their filters and put a new one in the night before every race (I run practice on different filter). I noticed at this last race (did not put in a new filter and it was actually not a ready filter i was running :thumbsup:) that my motor developed more of an off-idle bog and started to stutter towards the end of the race. It was extremely dusty and I bet you my bike would have ran much better had I put a ready filter in before the race. I definitely learned my lesson!

and yes, i'm sponsored by them as my sig. implies but I would not promote a company that I do not use or i didn't think made quality products.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.