Mich X-11 update

7 replies to this topic
  • Ronnie Mac

Posted September 07, 2004 - 05:20 PM

I have a post out about the X-11 not being DOT approved.( im over that now). This weekend I went trail riding, (with hills) and was really impressed with the traction I got with this tires. I climbed hills that I would of never tried with my other tires. My other tires I did alot of gunning and running, with almost to the top spin-outs. Slick muddy trails no problem. The draw-back(other than the flat tire sway)is that I really dont think I will get even 1000 miles. After only about 150 miles they show alot of wear and quit a few knobbies look like they just might peel off soon. Do anyone know a tire thats the best of both worlds? (trail riding and street use that last) :thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 07, 2004 - 07:17 PM

I would not run an X-11 on the street for very long. If you truely want dual sport tires then give the Pirelli MT21's a try. They are a dirt focused dual sport tire. As far as a flat with the x-11's I am running tire balls at a 9 psi effective pressure. I think the sidewalls are so weak the any tube will get pinched at a sharp bump at speed. Tire balls are awesome! No more flats for me. :thumbsup:

• Ronnie Mac

Posted September 07, 2004 - 07:27 PM

Hi Indy? What are tire balls? :thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 08, 2004 - 05:43 AM

I am surprised that there are only a few of us TT members using Tire Balls. Entry cost is high. :thumbsup: See my next post.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted September 08, 2004 - 05:44 AM

They are awesome. :awww: Expensive to get into :devil: but they should last a many years if you take care of them :cheers:usa: web site:

I love them and they are easier to install IMO than a tube.
You need to get there tools and accessories and it will run a total of about $700.00 to get into it.
Scott Summers, Mike Kiedrowski, Destry Abbott have been running them all season and Ty Davis just started running them. :thumbsup:

• Ronnie Mac

Posted September 08, 2004 - 07:25 PM

Takes big balls to try something like this at 260 per tire. It will be awhile before I can afford some. I will try anything once. :thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 09, 2004 - 04:04 AM

The Tire Balls work great! :awww: They are as light as a heavy tube. You can adjust the inflation pressure of each ball. You can drive over a ball with a 10,000. lb truck and it will not blow. The silicone lubricant keeps the balls in great shape. I find them easier to install than the ultra heavy tubes or foam inserts. Like I said it is expensive to get into but over the long haul they are a great value. No flats out in the wilderness! :devil: :thumbsup:

• Ronnie Mac

Posted September 09, 2004 - 07:34 PM

Thanks for the info Dan. :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.