new look done, pics

4 replies to this topic
  • Matt96xr6

Posted August 09, 2001 - 05:00 PM

Well finally got the steering head stem bearings in and done. New black fork boots and factory effex graphics (which I am not real happy about the fit of them. no word back from the company. I emailed them about the whole deal).

But until I get red fenders, here is it:

old, stock look:
Posted Image

New:
Posted Image

Matt
1996 XR600r

• xr600r

Posted August 11, 2001 - 06:17 PM

matt, looks good, i also ride a 96.
baja dual-sport kit
src fork brace
src case gaurd
src oil line gaurd
ceramic coated exhaust system
cycra hand gaurds
renthal bars
black maier frame gaurds
k&n air filter
white bros. hot tip exhaust insert
suspension re-valved & re-sprung
enduro-engineering disc gaurd
scotts chain guide
white bros. skid plate

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr600r

Posted August 11, 2001 - 06:27 PM

matt, let us know how your graphics hold up
my stock ones finally had to come off,
they were looking really bad. every xr i have
seen with aftermarket graphics either they
start to fall off after awhile, or the
white part turn a pukey brown color.
i ended up going back to the stock taillight,
i couldnt keep a bulb from vibrating loose
in the baja kit one, i got a brakelight kit
for the stock taillight from baja.
i also pulled the blinkers back off
the back ones broke.
so much for the $400 baja kit

• Matt96xr6

Posted August 12, 2001 - 06:07 AM

yeah, I am looking at the new Baja Designs headlight for the bike. I am thinking of changing the fenders and headlight to red plastic. Plus the new headlight looks more like the stocker with the bottom part to space it up a bit.

I agree with the white tank/plastic! Looks nice when new, but yellows very fast! I light sanding takes most of it off.

So far so good on the rear light. It has held up well for me. Last hard ride was 2 days straight in tight woods with ruts that were 2 foot deep in the uphill section! I fell more times then when I learned to ride when I was 8. ugh! But I would like to go back to the stocker with the taillight setup.
http://www.fourstrokesonly.com

They have a lot of those parts.

Then in the front, I was going to get some of those dual sport guards with the blinkers in there.

If I had only known what I know now! That applies to the baja kit for sure!

• hondaxrguy

Posted August 19, 2001 - 09:07 PM

I have the same graffix kit w/ seat cover on my 98XR400. It's holding up great. The seat cover is scratched on the inside (it was that way when I bought it)but that's all that's wrong. What problem are you having with yours? Something I should look at? Here's a link to a picture of my bike, since I don't know how to put it in my message. http://photos.yahoo.....src=ph&.view=t

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.