yz exhaust wr headerpipe

3 replies to this topic
  • AliveInMyOde

Posted September 07, 2004 - 12:17 PM

hey guys i just got a yz exhaust and just diiscovered that the yz exhaust doe snot fit the wr header. i have a 01 wr426 by the way. so i am guessing i have ot get a yz header. does the yz header still fit to the cylinder head even if it is a wr. i figured it would i wa sjust chekcin before i purchased one. thanks guys

• washinout

Posted September 07, 2004 - 01:58 PM

My buddy has the YZ pipe on his WR header and it works well.
Dunno why yours won't fit. Need a different clamp maybe?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fershy

Posted September 07, 2004 - 02:42 PM

Any WR or YZ header from 1998 to 2002 will work no problem. I am guessing you are missing the flange gasket where the header and exhaust meet.

• Treebark

Posted September 13, 2004 - 10:42 AM

A 98 header did fit my 04wr with a yz muffler. Should only have to move the header up to change oil filter.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.