Oil filter...?

7 replies to this topic
  • 650fun

Posted August 04, 2001 - 08:45 AM

I went to get an oil filter for my 2001 650r today and the dealers did'nt know which filter to give me. One dealer said that it was a new filter and totally different than any other and had a part # 15410-KFO-315. Another dealer said that it was the same filter that was used on several other bikes and was part # 15412-HM5-A10. Does anyone know which is correct and if there is a new filter for my bike?
Thanks.

• Matt96xr6

Posted August 05, 2001 - 06:56 AM

I don't know which one it is. To bad the dealer cannot even tell you!

It seems to be the same as the earlier XRs according to K&n:
http://www.denniskir...ters&MultiDim=N

Anyways, which ever one they are they are expensive! Like $7 each. But you can get 10 for $20 from this place:
http://www.dratv.com/

They sell them all the time on Ebay for that price.

• Keyser_Zoze

Posted August 05, 2001 - 01:02 PM

Originally posted by 650fun:
I went to get an oil filter for my 2001 650r today and the dealers did'nt know which filter to give me. One dealer said that it was a new filter and totally different than any other and had a part # 15410-KFO-315. Another dealer said that it was the same filter that was used on several other bikes and was part # 15412-HM5-A10. Does anyone know which is correct and if there is a new filter for my bike?
Thanks.

SAME FILTER

Different O-Ring!

• Matt96xr6

Posted August 06, 2001 - 06:11 PM

I got those oil filters today. 10 for $23.95 to the door. They are emgo units p/n: 10-99200

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TX-SANDMAN

Posted August 14, 2001 - 06:14 PM

Has anyone used the new stainless - last forever filter? i know they are about 50-60 bucks but it would be worth it if you did not have to go through the hassle of having a new one on hand.

• gtms34

Posted August 16, 2001 - 12:56 PM

Yep,
I run them on everything I own. The family cars too. They filter better and if air bubbles form in the oil for any reason, they pop when the oil goes through the screen. Bubbles in the oil can be a bad thing.

Kevin

• Swedisheagle

Posted August 17, 2001 - 09:45 PM

Where can I find these Stainless Steel filters?

-Swede
So. Cal.

• gtms34

Posted August 20, 2001 - 06:34 AM

Swede,
Sorry for the delay, wife had knee surgery Wed. Andy at Four strokes only has stainless filters for bikes. www.fourstrokesonly.com. If your looking for automotive, I'm a system 1 dealer.

Kevin

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.