on my xr200 if i crack the throtte it boggs but idles fine.

3 replies to this topic
  • Brian_G

Posted August 02, 2001 - 06:54 PM

i was riding today at full throttle and my bike died like it was out of gas but i wasnt and it idles and will go to low rpms but if it has much throttle it sounds like it is out of gas. im thinking the main jet is clogged. what do you think it could be. thanks also my father said the points under the ignition cover could have gone bad. could that be a pissibility? i checked the plug and it had good spark. any suggestions?

• Matt96xr6

Posted August 02, 2001 - 08:39 PM

most likely the main is clogged. have you torn down the carb yet? At least do some checking into it first.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_G

Posted August 03, 2001 - 06:25 AM

Originally posted by Matt96xr6:
most likely the main is clogged. have you torn down the carb yet? At least do some checking into it first.

thanks i dont know enough about carbs to tear it down but i will emove the float bowl with my father today and see what i can do.

• HondaXR250

Posted August 03, 2001 - 08:43 AM

Hey Brain, me and my Dad have an old Honda Elsinore (1974) and we had the same problem, sure enough the main jet was clogged and there was a bunch of dirt in the bowl. Also make sure the main jet is the right size, if it isn't the bike is getting flooded when you open it up. Good Luck!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.