BRP top tripple clamp

4 replies to this topic
  • TwinSparXR

Posted July 31, 2001 - 06:18 PM

I'm considering buying a BRP top clamp for my 00 650r so I can move the bars forward.

Has anyone got this setup on there 650r?

• gtms34

Posted August 01, 2001 - 03:12 PM

I have a BRP clamp on mine. The bars are 19mm forward of stock but are at stock height. This gets the bars out of my lap. It is a great improvement. FYI, I bought the tripleclamp, protaper(CR hi bend), stabilizer, package. Yes, it's expensive but I don't regret it. Talk to Jim and Cameron at BRP. They were a great help when I set up my bike.
Good luck,

Kevin

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TX-SANDMAN

Posted August 01, 2001 - 07:35 PM

do any of the am triple clamps come with rubber mounted bars? to tingle is a little much after 3 hours in the dual sport saddle of the 650R. especially when compered to the ultra smooth DR350.

• Keyser_Zoze

Posted August 01, 2001 - 10:36 PM

Originally posted by TwinSparXR:
I'm considering buying a BRP top clamp for my 00 650r so I can move the bars forward.

Has anyone got this setup on there 650r?

I'm 6'3" and On both my 400 and 650R I have run the Pro Taper clamp and bars in the far forward position. The result is pretty dramatic over the stocker as the pro-taper set up even in the "REAR" position is still farther forward than that of the stocker. I wish I had actual measurements to share.

• gtms34

Posted August 02, 2001 - 07:51 AM

I don't know of anyone using the rubber style bar clamps on aftermarket triple clamps. I don't notice vibration when dual sporting the XR. I came from a DR350 to the XR.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.