what are the 4 jets on the bottom of the yz 400 carb??

9 replies to this topic
  • Shane_Bettin

Posted September 06, 2004 - 07:43 PM

??

• yzf_rider400

Posted September 06, 2004 - 09:01 PM

Looking at your carb from the bottom with the throttle cable housing on the left; you see a cluster of three jets. The center one is the main jet (which is screwed onto the needle jet), the one to the left is the starter jet and the one to the right is the pilot jet. The one closest to you (apart from the others) is the pilot screw.

Here's the stock sizes for the jets.

jet needle: OBDVR
needle jet position: groove #4 (from the top)
main jet: #175
standard pilot screw position: 1 3/4 turn out from lightly seated.
pilot jet: #45

I hope this helps... :thumbsup:

• yzf_rider400

Posted September 07, 2004 - 07:44 PM

Don't you love it when you answer a question and you get no thanks for your help. I had to get up open the manual and look this [@#$%&*!] up. Besides it was sort of a stupid question, if you're messing with your carb, get a manual and find out; there's other little nuggets of information in there too. Amazing!

• ripntear

Posted September 08, 2004 - 07:02 PM

Hey man,

Thanks for the tip!
I got some good from it and want to thank you.

ripntear :thumbsup:

• yzf_rider400

Posted September 08, 2004 - 08:25 PM

Glad to hear I helped someone out! Thanks for letting me know my post was not completely useless. :devil: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shane_Bettin

Posted September 09, 2004 - 08:47 PM

i think your one of them know it all [@#$%&*!] suckers. do you really need me to type in 'thanks', cause if you do just say so. anyone that replied to my question with some sort of info is obviously helping me out. what gives you the idea thats its useless. im sure that if you were one of the ppl that weren't capable of answering my question, you wouldn't answer it. and since you did, im sure it will help me or anyone else.

• yzf_rider400

Posted September 09, 2004 - 09:57 PM

my apologies, I just figured you'd get the info sooner and at least give a guy a small thanks for the help. And no I don't know it all, I've had to ask others questions as well; difference is I don't call them [@#$%&*!] suckers for answering my questions.

• Shane_Bettin

Posted September 10, 2004 - 07:14 PM

alright man i take that back. im thankful for any info given whether its says it or not. hopefully ppl understand that

• yzf_rider400

Posted September 10, 2004 - 07:53 PM

no problem, glad to help.

• V8Pinto

Posted November 21, 2007 - 01:12 PM

Still getting help from this post - thx yzf_rider400!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.