new 450 or keep 2000 426 ??

4 replies to this topic
  • not2hiside

Posted September 06, 2004 - 05:20 PM

friend just offered me $2000 for my 2000 model which needs some maintanence. Ive been thinking I would like a new 450 (Honda or Yamaha ?) do you guys think its worth it for a rider who is only out a couple times a month ??

• cowboyona426

Posted September 06, 2004 - 06:36 PM

Will it make you smile and/or make you happy? If so then do it!!! I'm in the same boat, I REALLY want a new 450 (blue, not red!) but just can't justify the cost right now, especially since my wife and I are expecting a little one in February. If only I hadn't bought a new sled... :thumbsup: If I had the cash and a decent offer on my bike, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted September 06, 2004 - 08:20 PM

I would wait one more year. See if Yamaha will do the 4 strokes in the aluminum frames.

• yzf_rider400

Posted September 06, 2004 - 10:25 PM

wait for the aluminum frame. You'll kick yourself in the ass if you buy an '05 and then somebody pulls up with a new '06. I ride the original YZ400 roughly 4-5 times a month and still love it. You don't always need the newest stuff. I say ride your 426 hard and wait for the new Yami's! :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted September 07, 2004 - 05:36 AM

I would sell it w/o even looking back! Either Red or Blue 450 is awesome - you will not regret either 05 bike - or you can wait til 07, 08 or 09 for whatever new wisbang new feature comes - and your 2000 will be worth nothing then... :thumbsup:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.