5th gear seized to trans shaft! Why?

1 reply to this topic
  • krasd

Posted September 06, 2004 - 04:30 PM

I took my 2002 Wr426 motor apart today and the 5th gear was seized to the trans shaft and of coarse from me trying to get it into fifth gear I burned the shift fork and third gear turned a little blue where it was rubbing against fifth gear trying to engage it. I keep the oil changed and clean all the time. :excuseme:I cann't believe this bikes trans is this weak. If anyone knows why this happened please let me know. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted September 07, 2004 - 03:12 AM

I doubt that it's a design fault that has caused your problem. Check that the shafts are staight and that there is no forign material in there. Also check all the washers and circlips are in the correct position.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.