Anyone using RG3 Triple Clamps?

8 replies to this topic
  • BoffoRider

Posted September 06, 2004 - 01:30 PM

I am considering upgrading my stock triple clamps to the RG3's. Is anyone running these that could give me some feedback?

Thanking you in advance,

• sjwr450

Posted September 06, 2004 - 02:30 PM

I had another brand and switched both my bikes to RG3. I really like them.

• Fastest1

Posted September 06, 2004 - 06:21 PM

I run them too, they are nice. :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted September 07, 2004 - 05:40 AM

Not only do they look great - but they are 4 posted rubber mounted - they take a lot of vibration out of the steering and they make jump landing much smoother - I have both top and bottom.
Highly recommend these for sure! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RippinInColorado

Posted September 07, 2004 - 06:55 AM

I put them on so I could run ProTapers. They are really strong and the 4 post design is vastly superior to 2 post if your bike ever hits the ground. But I don't think they reduce vibration that much and have little to no effect on arm pump or wrist comfort. They have to be better than rigid, but it's nothing I notice when I ride. They are very nice and very expensive. I plan to use ProTaper triple clamps on my next bike - save some $ and probably get about the same effect.

• oldblue

Posted September 07, 2004 - 07:19 AM

The only issue is running a top mounted steering stabilizer. Not enough clearance for all the hardware.

• Fastest1

Posted September 07, 2004 - 10:18 AM

Run the Scott's low mount for a stabilizer anyway, it isnt safe on top of the bars regardless of who's clamps you run. :thumbsup:

• Siers55

Posted September 10, 2004 - 04:02 PM

I run these clamps and the are great. I highly recommend them

:thumbsup:

• Kevin_S

Posted September 15, 2004 - 07:55 AM

When I purchased by 450 a couple of years ago it was in dire need of suspension tuning for my weight and riding style. After failing to master the project on my own, after about 6 months, I took the suspension to RG3.

When I pulled apart the tripple clamps I found the stock lower bearing already rusted.

I then decided to buy both the uppers and lowers of the RG3 clamp while they were properly setting up the suspension.

Although I should have known the result because it was my 3rd bike that RG3 set-up for me, I was amazed at how well the bike performed.

I can't tell what part made the difference, but, I have not touched anything on the suspension in over 1-1/2 years. Not even a clicker. The suspension on the bike is incredible in the desert both at low speeds and at warp. When I venture over to the tracks, it still absorbs my 7 out of 10 horrible landings on the doubles.

Can't tell you if it was the tuning, the clamps, or a combination. The whole package just works great for me. I don't even remember how much money I spent, so it must have been worth it. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.