XR's burn oil like crazy

3 replies to this topic
  • dbarnaby

Posted July 01, 2001 - 02:42 AM

I've owned two XR's (1995 XR250 and 1996 XR400) and both started burning oil like crazy after a couple seasons. Anybody know why????

------------------
Dave Barnaby

• Matt96xr6

Posted July 01, 2001 - 06:40 PM

Did you adjust the valves ever?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HondaXR250

Posted July 02, 2001 - 05:17 AM

That sounds kind of odd, I have 5 (yes you read correctly) honda machines. the lawnmower being 11 years old doesn't burn anything, my Foreman450 doesn't burn either after 3 HARD years. We never did any adjustments on them either, does the XR need a regular vavle adjustment?

• dbarnaby

Posted July 08, 2001 - 01:03 AM

I adjust the valves each year. Somebody told me to clean the oil cooler because it gets plugged but I haven't done that yet??

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.