05' WR450 !!!!!!

7 replies to this topic
  • iwheeln2

Posted September 05, 2004 - 07:40 PM

Any word on when the 05' WR450's will be released??? If they are already, where & who do I get one from?? :thumbsup:

• Gadsen

Posted September 05, 2004 - 07:57 PM

Late September or early October, you shouldbe able to get one then. I used http://www.motorcycle-brokers.com and he is an advertiser on this forum (see top RH corner pop up) I bought on 04 because I wasnt excited about lower compression, shorter bike and smaller gas tank. Besides, price was good on the 04's.

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 06, 2004 - 05:07 AM

Get an 04 it has better specs and an off road tank and you can save some money. :thumbsup:

• Chevy_Cowboy

Posted September 06, 2004 - 04:55 PM

My dealer said he expects a couple 05 WR's by october first.

Late September or early October, you shouldbe able to get one then. I used http://www.motorcycle-brokers.com and he is an advertiser on this forum (see top RH corner pop up) I bought on 04 because I wasnt excited about lower compression, shorter bike and smaller gas tank. Besides, price was good on the 04's.

My feelings exactly. :thumbsup: I had planned to wait til around christmas to get my new bike but after reading about the changes to the '05 (namely the smaller gas tank, lower compression and less suspension travel) I called up several dealers to see who had a '04 left and snatched it up! I would have been happy with a 05 but I'm mighty glad I found a 04.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • iwheeln2

Posted September 07, 2004 - 07:01 PM

WOW!!! I didn't know about all those changes to the 05' model :confused:I just heard that they were going to be a little shorter (closer to the ground) :thumbsup: Well does any body know where I can get all the spec's on the 05' model?? That way I can see for myself what is differant?? Thanx for all the help!!

• Gadsen

Posted September 07, 2004 - 08:07 PM

Yamaha website, in fact, they still list 04 and 05 models, in fact, you can "compare" and get both, side by side.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted September 07, 2004 - 08:54 PM

The 05 has a thumbnail size shorter travel, .4"... Not really the minibike that you guys are making it out to be. On my 03 I never used the stock tank either, I had a 3 gallon IMS (still have) tank that I used so for me the tank is splitting hairs. The o4 is sure an awesome bike, I'm sure the 05s will be just as good.

• JRWYW

Posted September 08, 2004 - 09:10 AM

"shorter bike"? Good for me as I'm only 5'5", and I don't try to recreate a X-games competition in the woods.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.