WR/YZ cam timing question

1 reply to this topic
  • Gadsen

Posted September 05, 2004 - 11:46 AM

OK, just picked up a new Canadian/Aus/NZ spec 2004 WR450F, I'm aware there is no throttle stops on these, but is the cam timing different like the US WR's. And if it is different, for trail riding, have any of you found WR timing to be the best? I'm thinking about leaving it as is. I do not race at all, just trail ride with a bunch of buddies. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted September 05, 2004 - 12:31 PM

cam timing is the same for all WR's regardless where they are sold. To change the timing to YZ spec on 450's you need to change the camshaft. You can't just retard it one tooth like you can on the 400/426 models due to the autodecomp feature.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.