A real life XR400 Motocrosser

4 replies to this topic
  • Xenracer

Posted May 15, 2001 - 07:55 PM

Yes, an XR400 can be raced in motocross with success. I'm living proof. Check it out www.xenracing.com

• Ga426owner

Posted May 18, 2001 - 06:48 AM

Please don't be offended:I did the same as you. Bought 98 XR400, spent way too time, too much $ to make it track worthy w/motor mods, ignition mods, CR forks etc............................ Then a buddy offered a ride on a 99 YZ400. Now after 3 of these,current 01/426 never again will I do that again. Good luck to you, I remember my faith in that machine. Trade up to CRF or any current 4stroke MX, you will kick yourself as I did.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Xenracer

Posted May 19, 2001 - 07:33 AM

Actually didn't spend any money for the upgrades on the bike, As of right now I am the only XR in So Cal racing MX on a regular basis. It has given me some great exposure and even better sponsors. The bike is so universal that I race MX, GP and desert with mimimal configuration changes, How many YZF's have to change gas tanks or other parts to be able to compete across the racing spectrum. I like being the underdog to the YZFs, because when I beat them they are quite surprised that a heavy and cumbersome bike has beat them. I am planning to upgrade to the CRF for MX and race the XR in the dezert next year.

• rob1980

Posted May 23, 2001 - 12:29 AM

I agree. The good old XR4 is still a great bike in the right hands. It is very underrated. My brother has one and after owning WRs for 2 years I can say that it is a suprisingly good bike. Although it lacks in quite a few areas to the Yam. many slower guys out there could go a lot faster on the mellow XR.

• z4me

Posted May 30, 2001 - 11:50 AM

95% rider.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.