XR440 kit on my XR400???

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_XRyder_*

Posted April 20, 2001 - 03:58 AM

I'm considering a Weisco 440 kit for my '96 XR400. Since there's no XR400 Forum, I thought I'd start here...
Anyone have any experience or knowledge of the virtues of doing this?

How about any other changes required to support it? Jetting? I heard somewhere you may need an exhaust with bigger head pipes...

Any info would be appreciated! thanks!

"Keep the Rubber Side DOWN!"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trailguy

Posted April 21, 2001 - 08:05 AM

I had an XR 440 2 years ago, sold it, got the 650, sold it, bought a WR, for sale, going to build another XR440, as it was the most nimble on the trail, with the torque that made it awesome at low speed, yet it would pull strong. I ran the stock exhaust, but all uncorked. I miss the bike dearly, as most all of my riding is in the tight woods. I got my kit from Summers racing, all Wiesco parts, and never had any problems with it. It's what the 400 needs

• Keyser_Zoze

Posted April 29, 2001 - 06:44 AM

I've got a 2000 XR400R with over 9K invested. Awesome bike! I just bought a 650R from scott summers and I am selling the 400. The price is $6,000 (non-negotiable). You can read almost every single mod I did (except for the last two) by requesting my free report all about the bike. Just send an email to the address below:

For me, I am faster on the 650R EVERYWHERE! But I am 230 6'3" without gear and have a funny riding style. Just ask the guys and UTAHMOTO.COM

[This message has been edited by jpeters (edited 04-29-2001).]

Related Content

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.